Main swivel joints fitted with high quality bearings
Lever ratio of 5.3:1 allows effortless, safe, clamping onto pre-tensioned wire ropes
The new COLT cable tension meter is designed for fast and accurate measurement of wire rope tensions up to 11,000 lbf / 5000 kgf on cables up to 1" / 25mm diameter. Constructed from aerospace grade aluminum the COLT digital tension meter is lightweight and easy to handle and operates on wires that are already under tension. Once in place it allows the operator to quickly check tension on cables or wire ropes set at any angle.
A built-in high accuracy, Bluetooth module transmits load data wirelessly to any smart device running our Android or iOS app. An adjustable device holder allows the COLT to be used as a traditional tension meter with on board display or the smartphone maybe handheld or mounted elsewhere.
- StraightPoint COLT Clamp On Line Tensionmeter
- Proof test certificate
- Instruction Manual
- Carry / Storage Case
- Warranty 1-Year (FREE Extension to 2-Years with Product Registration)
- Unlimited wire rope calibration database via Android or iOS app
- Main swivel joints fitted with high quality bearings
- Lever ratio of 5.3:1 allows effortless, safe, clamping onto pre-tensioned wire ropes
- Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 enabling operator to stand at safe distance up to 328 feet or 100 metres
- Quick intuitive adjustable centre sheave makes changing wire rope sizes fast and easy
- No easily broken external antennae
- High waterproof resistant design IP67 or NEMA6 for all weather use
- Massive battery life of 1000 hours operational time
- As the library of wire rope diameters and constructions is increased each app user will benefit when they update and receive any new data.
- Cable gauge included.
- Guy wire maintenance on cell towers, bridges, flare stacks, antennas & masts.
- Guy wire Tower Plumb & Tension
- EHS guy wire, Turnbuckle tensioner.
- Wire rope installations, comparing, equalising & measuring
- Architectural wire rope installations
- Median cable barrier tensioning
- Utility cable overhead line monitoring
- Elevator hoist, governor & compensating wire rope maintenance
- Zip lines & assault course testing
- Fall arrest systems
- Metro, tram and rail transit electric wires & catenary testing
- Ski lifts
- Wire rope tie downs on vessels (using Tirfor)
- Testing tension of ship mast wire ropes.
- Tensioned trellis systems
- Measuring Line Sag
|Units||kg, lbs, tonne and kN|
|Accuracy|| 3% of full scale if wire rope and construction known|
|Min Wire Rope ||3/16" / 5mm|
|Max Wire Rope ||1" / 25mm|
|Max Line Reduction||7/32" with a 3/8" wire rope / 5mm with a 10mm wire rope|
|Wire Rope Database||Infinite via Android 4.4 or iOS 8.0 app|
|Weight||7.7lbs / 3.5kg|
|Battery Type||2x C cell batteries|
|Battery Life||2400 hours Bluetooth transmission time|
|Operating Temp||-13F to +158F / -25C to +70C|
|Protection||NEMA 6 / IP67|
|Standard Accessories||Proof test certificate, operation manual, carrying/storage case|
|Shipping Size||26.8" x 15.7" x 8.3" (68 x 40 x 21 cm)|
|Shipping Weight||21 Lbs (9.5 Kg)|
Verification Tool - CVT
In order to ensure the COLTS accuracy measurements are as accurate as possible, SP also supply a calibration verification rod that is specifically designed to check the COLTS calibration accuracy.
The calibration verification checking process is quick and simple.
- Open the COLT app on your smart mobile device, connect to the COLT device via Bluetooth, and select Cal Check within the Rope menu section of the app.
- Place COLT on a flat surface and then zero the measurement on screen.
- Place the 20 inch steel rod in the centre of all 3 sheaves and apply loading arm until it is fully engaged with the magnetic catch. The force measurement reading should read as 3000lbs (within an accuracy range of <3%>).
- If the measurement is greater than 3% difference (above 3090lbs or below 2910lbs) then you will need to contact SP and arrange for the COLT to be sent back to SP for recalibration. The process is as simple as that!
Watch our demonstration video.
|A||23.2"||589 mm|| |